It ends, It begins

Sunday, June 11, 2006 |

Today was commencement. I am now a college graduate. I am now an Alumnus of Walla Walla College. As I sat on my chair during the program, I told myself to look around and remember everything I could. After all, you only graduate college once.

The whole wekend culminated in the commencement that started at 8:30 AM on Centennial Green by the side of Peterson Memorial Library and in front of Sittner Hall.

The speaker for the ceremony was Jose Rojas. He has spent five years as an advisor to the President of the United States. He reminded us that although this marks the end of our college journey, the word "commencement" means a beginning. And this is a beginning. And since I am now a college graduate, I'm sure the Alumni Association will be calling me and asking for money soon.

0 comments: